Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cherry? Well, it's a fruit, too.

Yesterday I wore a skirt and heels to work. I looked pretty hot. On my way to the CCF, I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some things for a gift basket. The produce manager happened to be near the checkstand when I was being rung through and he graciously offered me a melon (without charge). I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my shapely calves, but who's to question his intentions. . .I was getting free fruit. Unfortunately, the melon was not in a bag which necessitated a juggling act, of sorts. About halfway to my car, the melon hit the pavement and burst into a million little juicy bits. I just stood there in the middle of the parking lot wondering if a sensible pair of flats and some easy-going jeans might have been enough to save the little melon. Perhaps this a symbolic illustration of pride. Perhaps the produce guy should have given his hot customer a damned bag for her melon. Can anyone else see the symbolism in this?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin