Monday, January 9, 2006

No stimulating conversation required. . .

You will all be relieved to hear that GV15 is back in the world of modern technology. We've been without a tv for several months and, for the most part, it has been a growing experience. During our brief stint away from the television, I've finished several books. . .including The Secret Life of Bees, Nights in Rodanthe, Stiff, and The Unexpected Romance of Kate Bjorkman. Of course, the reason the TV fell into disrepair in the first place is so Kimmy and I would finish the BofM. . .which we did (with time to spare). We even considered not replacing the TV and going without--as we were becoming quite accustomed to life without it. I'm telling you--tv holds us back! During our tv free time, we were a kinder--gentler apartment. We had more dinner parties, made more frequent calls to friends far and near. We read books, had stimulating conversation, finished looming projects, spent lots of time at the gym, cleaned our closets, and de-cluttered our lives. All in all, it was a great experience. On the other hand, I hate going to work and not having a clue about any current events. The thought of missing the 24 season premier makes me sick to my stomach, and Emeril hasn't been able to turn my cooking "up a notch" for weeks. All in all, I think the loss of the tv was a good thing for our home and in turn, the return of the tv is a truly blessed occassion. We've learned a valuable lesson over the past several weeks about ourselves and the use of our time. The way I see it, people that watch an excessive amount of tv often end up living in a cardboard box. . .much like the giant one our tv came in. Kimmy is so excited! She loves the new addition.
A fond farewell to our faithful 20" tv/vcr combo. We had some good times, didn't we?
So, for those of you who haven't been over for a few months because you couldn't watch "the" football game or didn't want to miss that special episode of your favorite daytime drama. . .come on over. There's a beautiful 27" television awaiting your visit. . .no stimulating conversation required.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a beauty! I myself have seen it first hand at work. Eric has even tested out the sports channel...that even works. I only wish our sports channel in Logan didn't work...

Anonymous said...

Maybe the little cutie kissing the TV and the other little cutie in the box should come and fix your sandwich. I like FOOTBALL myself.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin