Thursday, March 2, 2006

Learning is Magic

So the 13 mile run is slowly becoming a reality. Now that the sun is shining in Provo and I don't freeze my patootie off everytime I leave the house, I've decided it's time to ditch the treadmill and face the great outdoors. This morning I started my usual route and noticed the newly updated marque at Grandview Elementary. I made a mental note of the upcoming PTA Board Mtg and just as I was about to forge ahead, I noticed that March 20th will undoubtedly be etched in the minds of countless innocents. MATURATION. It even sounds terrible. Poor kids. . .they have no idea what they're getting themselves into. How can they justify posting Maturation on an elementary school marque? How can they smash it between PTA meetings and a book fair? Doesn't anyone else see something wrong with this picture? The comedy of the sign is that this is what the reverse side reads:
Ain't that the truth? Attitude in maturation does make a "big difference." In fact, a little attitude can make a big difference in anything---including a 13 mile race (with myself).
As I see it, 29 is looking better and better. . .it's certainly more than 13 miles away from maturation! Wow, LEARNING IS MAGIC. Can't wait to see what they're doing for fun at Grandview Elementary in April. I'll keep you all posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss those signs?!! I must not be very observant. I can't get past three miles! Ten more!!! Hope we make it Mickey. Had doubts until this morning. Gotta change my attitude!!!

Anonymous said...

What happens when you have a great attitude but your legs refuse to cooperate with the attitude? Help me out, I am not going to make it!!

michelleyv said...

cub momma. . .if we can do it, you can do it. just tell your legs they're just going to a long walk.

Anonymous said...

You can do cub momma!! I know it.

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute this blog was on Maturation - is that maturity in getting old and legs don't work in running 13 miles. Maybe I need to read the definition or get a better attitude.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin