Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Run for YOUR life!

The only thing that scares me more than men in dark suits and white sport socks is having children. What if they aren't cute? What if they don't like me? What if they turn out to be creepy adults and it's all my fault? What if I turn into one of those mothers who lives vicariously through their children? I can see the headlines now--"Creative Diva to the Stars, Michelle Virtue, goes ballistic when her daughter is thrown out of a kiddie beauty contest for picking her wedgie on stage."

On my way to a meeting this afternoon, there was a young mother with a new baby in a stroller and a toddler at her side. They were so cute. The baby was asleep and I thought of how sweet she must smell. Just as I was imagining myself cuddling with the little one, the toddler began to scream. This noise brought me back to reality. It couldn't possibly be coming from such a little human. It was shattering. It was deafening. It was horrible. The tantrum began and I retreated. Run for your life, Michelle! Run to your peaceful existence. Run! Run as I might, the reality is that I love kids and quite honestly, they love me. I love their innocence. I love their mischeviousness. I love their sticky hands. I love it when they pick their nose in front of large groups of people. I love it when they sing songs and draw pictures. I love that they are who they are. Maybe we could all learn a lesson or two from the little people in our lives. Maybe I should take a second look at men wearing dark suits and white socks. . . .or maybe not.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one scary baby...I hope that isn't a real photo or you might have to remove my comment. It could be cute with a a normal face on...I guess???

Anonymous said...

Be careful Michelle, those sweet round cheeked innocent little sticky finger darlings turn into the CUB BEARS!!!!! But as a mother you just gotta love them.

Anonymous said...

My Hell cub momma I've never thought about that before-SCARY! Innocent babies turn into CUB BEARS??? NO KIDS FOR US, we just can't take the risk that our children will grow into "cub bears"...too bad for Mary.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. That is the best news I have heard all week. Maybe we can get another TiVo box instead of a child.

Anonymous said...

I'm just going to say this: Some of my MOST favorite people in the world are the CUB BEARS. So kiss that damn TiVo box goodbye!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fine, we'll have a baby. But I reserve the right to name it Tivo. Or maybe Tivo Jr. since we already have Tivo Sr. We could call it TJ.

Anonymous said...

GOOD BOY - I don't give a ________ what you name the child just so long as I get a grandchild. Just a question - Even if it is a girl - like sarah - will you name it Tivo Jr. or TJ? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin