Sunday, June 11, 2006

GV 15 News


Lots of home repairs this weekend.

First, I painted the laundry area and hallway. . .all in anticipation of the washer/dryer arrival. Tell you what--those monsters aren't easy to move. Good thing I've been lifting.

Secondly, I think I have finally selected a new carpet for the condo. Oh, I hope it isn't too dark. Say a little prayer for me that I will like it.

Next--anyone who has been to my house in the last year or so might remember that I have a wire bowl of fake pears sitting in my kitchen. They are a fabulous addition--with their bright green color and teasingly real succulence. Well, a few weeks ago, I moved them to a spot on top of my stove. Huge MISTAKE. I noticed days later that they were starting to rot--didn't think that was possible with synthetic fruit. Apparently the heat from my oven was enough to melt the pears and turn them a strange color. Sad, sad day. I tossed them into the trash this afternoon.

Finally, I removed from the GV15--the "Please remove your shoe's (yes, that is an incorrectly placed apostrophe) upon entering the house" lettering. Finally took the time to scrape it off the front door. It has been there since the realtor showed me the place. Five years this August. I guess it's just time to let go of some things that I've been holding on to for too long. Adios!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin