Monday, June 5, 2006

How old do I look, lady?

I had a bridal consult this afternoon--actually, it was with the mother of the groom. She arrived 40 minutes late, but I was perfectly lovely to her and we sat down to discuss her plans for the wedding lucheon. I liked Kathy--that is until she had the nerve to ask me if any of my children were married. WHAT THE FREAK? I nearly jumped out of my seat and tackled the woman. Do I look like I could have a child old enough to get married? I quickly explained that I wasn't even married. She seemed a bit embarrassed, but wasn't nearly as apologetic as I thought she should have been. Couldn't she have made up some story about forgetting her glasses or maybe she could have explained that I handled myself which such maturity and professionalism that I seemed wise beyond my years? After she left, I was putting some glass away and telling my girls about the experience. . .the two didn't mix--I broke a vase. Huh, that's the second piece of glass I've had the pleasure of descimating in the last 3 days. I seem to recall an incident on Saturday with a glass pitcher and a cement floor. Boy, these fits of rage have got to stop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not to add salt to the wound here but remember that time the girly in that one store asked if you were my mom! ha. there are some poor seeing people in the world - you should have told her that your grown daughter is just a year older that you... and will be turning 30 soon.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin