Thursday, July 6, 2006

I finally did it!


Thunder storm tonight. It feels and smells wonderful.

A brief recap of my day:

7 am. Tennis lessons.
8 am. Oil Change at Autobahn.
9 am. Quick house cleaning.
10 am. Quick Michelle cleaning.
11 am. Child's Hope. . .delivering invitations for Haiti Days and a visit with Lady Loveless.
12 pm. Lunch with Laura. Lots of foliage. Love her.
1 pm. Painting Prep.
2 pm. Trip 1 to Lowe's. Super excited.
3 pm. Paint starts flying (literally).
4 pm. Trip 2 to Lowe's. Damned nozzle on my paint can was faulty. The girl at customer service was not pleasant. I should remember her name and report such behavior.
6 pm. The fumes are starting to get to me, but I'm still happy.
7 pm. I hate painting. How quickly a bit of time and lots of blue tape change things.
8 pm. There is officially more paint on me than the walls of my bathroom.
9:30 pm. Painting clean-up begins. I throw away most of it because cleaning sounds so horrible. 10 pm. I'm not feeling so hot. 8 mile run + tennis + painting = desire for arm amputation.
10:30 pm. The last of the painting supplies go to bed for the night. . .and so does the painter.

For months. . .okay 18 to be exact, I've been in a state trying to decide what to do with my bathroom. I knew it had to be painted, but what color? Should I match it to my bedroom or go with something completely wild and free-spirited? What about the cabinets? It came to me today as if from heaven--and I took that bit of inspiration as a kick in the pants. I pulled out my trusty painting gear and got down to business. 7 hours later and two trips to Lowe's and it's painted--with the exception of a few touch-ups for tomorrow. How is is possible that it took me so long? It might have something to do with the fact that I'm not really a seasoned painter, but I pretend to be one on TV. About half way through the project I was sitting on the floor or my bathroom painting baseboards with paint in my hair, putty on my face, and an entire gallon of satin latex on my jeans--I realized that I should have hired someone to do the dirty work. What was I thinking?

Now that it's painted, the fun can really start. Tomorrow I'm on the hunt for bathroom accessories. My mom gave me a print for Christmas that I love and I had every intention of hanging it in my bedroom, but I decided it would make the perfect "touch of whimsy" in the master bath and serves as my starting point. Don't worry. I'll post picts tomorrow.

3 comments:

Eric said...

You painted by yourself and I was stuck hanging out with the old man? Thanks. I think some arrangement could have been made to benefit the both of us. Oh and remember when Kimmy didn't know that you were taking classes and just thought you were going to hang out at the store at a set time frame every week? I always like that story.

Anonymous said...

Good job...perhaps you can share some of your bathroom inspiration with me now!!! As of right now, Lovless #2 believes he owns the bathroom and I would like to make it a place where I can enjoy a nice bath in my jetted tub and have shelving or cabnitry to hide all the feminine particulars that are used day in and day out. Note to self...next house will have his and hers bathrooms. I think we could both agree on that point.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin