Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What the world needs now is LOVE sweet LOVE!

It's OVER! I'm sitting at my desk and it's silent--except for the soothing hum of the coolers. The phones have stopped ringing, all of my employees have gone home, and the coolers are nearly empty (a success in the floral industry). I thought about going home, but my body tells me it would be too much work to walk to my car. . .so I'm taking a moment to review the holiday and put it to emotional rest. Now, don't get me wrong. . .2/15 always has the potential for scariness. . .problems that come out of the Valentine's woodwork. I guess I'll face the music and pray we didn't make any mistakes. I've learned something new today. Love is powerful. Despite all of my Cupids Kinda Stupid cynicism, I really believe that the world is full of 'love sweet love.' Yep, I'm now swaying in my chair singing like Karen Carpenter and wondering if the Accessibility Center would let me borrow one of their spare wheelchairs to get to the parking lot. Love must be powerful if people are willing to stand in long lines, pay significant amounts of money, and for many, agonize over the perfect way to say "I love you." I guess what I'm saying is that, in the end, after the holiday dust has settled, Cupid may not be so Stupid afterall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the best. I had fun and enjoyed being a part of it. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Some "not-so-stupid-cupid" may have found his way to A Child's Hope Foundation yesterday for a delivery of a beautiful green and whitre ensamble of lillies from Campus Craft and Floral. They were beautiful...I hope the sender wasn't too much of a bother or last minute customer:)

Anonymous said...

As you know I also am a floral worker but not at Campus Craft and FLORAL. I really don't have the energy to even write this blog. Ryan took the phone and I would call but let me just say - I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. I wish I had a wheel chair all day today. Have I got stories of true love but you know I just don't have the energy. Your brother did great in his little love connection - he made a great effort - made dinner, flowers, candy, candlelight, etc. Love you all - tell Kimmi her valentine came back so I will send it today - sorry - don't ask why.

michelleyv said...

Loveless #2 placed his order well in advance. Even if he hadn't . .a Loveless request is never a bother! You two inspire people everywhere to be better--even cupid.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin