Saturday, March 11, 2006

Birthday Hangover

I have good birthday news and bad birthday news and good birthday news. The good news is that I had the most amazing birthday in the history of birthdays. It was the perfect mix of balloons, birthday cake, surprises, and traditions. The best part--hearing or seeing the people I care for most. It felt a little bit like "Michelle. . .THIS IS YOUR LIFE." You remember the show hosted by Ralph Edwards in the 50s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Your_Life --well, maybe most of you don't. Phone calls, cards, texts, and personal visits. The only thing I was missing was a visit from my first grade teacher, but maybe Mrs. Gladwell will make it for the big 30 (which for those of you who are confused---is NEXT YEAR). Anyway, thanks to all for you birthday wishes. I know I'm completely ridiculous about shamelessly advertising for my "BIG DAY," but I really do love the whole experience. Look at the look of birthday surprise on my face as I received flowers from Matthew M. It makes it all worth it, huh? Bet you all wish you could look this good at 29, don't you? After all these years, I think I've finally figured out the whole birthday candle experience. You've got to breathe with your diaphram. Dig deep! Check out my form. . .check out my eyeballs. It looks like they'll certainly pop out of my head at any moment. Now that would be a birthday to remember.

A very brief recap of my day. . .for those of you who were awake last night wondering what Miss Michelly would do for her birthday bonanza. Of course, I went to work and the girls spoiled me rotten. It was fabulous. We spent the afternoon in Park City shopping, then to dinner and a late movie. I'm going to save my review of my Birthday Movie for another time, but I will say this. . .even Matthew isn't perfect--though SJP is close. So, the bad birthday news is that this morning I have an official BIRTHDAY HANGOVER. Laura did give me permission to pull out the keg. . and I always do what I'm told. For those that are dying to hear the "other good news"--well, the festivities are far from over. I have more celebrations planned throughout the day and night. I'm going to suck (from the diaphram) this for all it's worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The looks on your face are deeply creepy and disturbing!!! I'm glad your big day WAS FABULOUS. If only I could have been there...I don't think that Kimmy did what she was told! (for the birthday cake) DANG HER!!!! Maybe I'll get that for my big day. I'll have to run a marathon prior to eating it though~

Anonymous said...

You are foxy in that little black number and your hair is CUTE AS A BUTTON - long of course - love it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin