Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Dana Reeve

Dana Reeve, wife of Christopher Reeve, died last night of lung cancer. She was only 44 and a non-smoker. It was just announced this morning on the news while I was running. Pretty soon my eyes had clouded and I had to stop to avoid a terrible gym mishap. It's amazing to me how quickly our lives can change. How quickly we can lose those dearest to us. How quickly we can lose perspective, only to have life toss a bit of reality our way. I've read a lot about lung cancer and was surprised to learn that more people die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer. In 2002, lung cancer accounted for more deaths than breast, prostate, and colon cancers combined. Friends. . .no carcinogens! So, this morning I'm thinking about all of you--hoping your day is happy and healthy. Dana leaves a legacy of advocacy, unconditional love, and a dose of reality for all of us.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin