Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Dose of REALITY

One of the things I adore most about Krista is that she loves self help books as much as I do. In fact, I can always count on her to provide a recommendation when I think I'm in need of some improvement (which is most of the time). I'm not going to tell you the title of the book I'm reading right now--mostly because it's a little bit embarrassing, but also because I don't want to give away ALL of my secrets. Today I read a section entitled "Accept Reality" and I'm obsessed with its simple dose of reality. Here is my favorite exerpt--

Let's face it. You would love to be ideal, perfect, and heavenly. You would love to have the looks and body of the latest movie star, the heart of Mother Teresa, the intellect of Stephen Hawking (who the honk is that?), or the wit of your favorite comedic figure. But the reality is that you are attractive in your own way (this authors way of saying--you're special), have a good but imperfect heart, are smart enough to do what you do, and find humor in your own way. And guess what? These things would be very, very attractive--in fact intoxicating-- to the right person (the trick is finding him). Just who you are--not perfect, but juicy & real.

People--that's what it's all about. I'm NOT perfect. I'm not perfect on paper. . .I'm not perfect in person. . .I'm not perfect in any way, shape, or form. I'm never going to be perfect, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm JUICY and REAL. You know, I think that's better than perfection. . .is that possible?

Thanks for the recommendation, Krista. Who needs a self-help guru when I've got you?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin