Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mickey the Angel Victorious

We went to a fireside tonight in the De Jong Concert Hall. Honestly, I didn't really want to go. The shoes I wore to church today weren't all that comfortable and the thought of putting them back on made my stomach turn. Not to mention the fact that my hair was smashed from reading on my bed and I over-tweezed my right eyebrow again. The good news was that I still had my dress on and figured--what the heck? I honestly thought--Satan, you're not keeping me from this fireside. . .I don't care how many excuses you plant in my pretty little head. Yep--another victory for the little angel on my left shoulder.

Dean and Kathleen Hughes spoke to the sisters about preparing to be wives and mothers. They were wonderful and the spirit with which they presented was powerful. I think their witty mixture of reality, hope, and humor just appealed to my tender self. It's always amazing to me when the Lord puts you in places with people to provide you with the spiritual nourishment that you long for. Gosh, I needed that and I don't think anyone even noticed my third eyebrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know Dean Hughes' brother - he is the Pollywog guy that sells us vases.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we went Mickey! Dark tower demolished. Love you. Sorry about the shoes. I'm looking.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin