Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stamp Club Meeting RSVP

I had to mail a special Father's Day package this morning. Shhhh. . .it's a fabulous surprise!

You'd think that the post office would be free of impulse purchase temptation. NOPE. Further proof that I can be tempted anywhere. I had to have this sheet of stamps featuring "favorite children's book animals." Hello--who doesn't remember and love The Very Hungry Caterpillar or Wild Thing? I used to be a stamp collector, you know. In fact, I had stamp club meetings pretty regularly when I was in grade school. My mom really is a saint. After one club meeting I remember that we took Colin Cook home in the white truck and when he got out of the cab he had a piece of grass in his teeth. Oh, the things we remember. Yep, I'm thinking of starting my stamp club back up. Any takers? Maybe we'll have a meeting next week. Let's see. . .we'll make napkin rings out of stamp rolls for our make-and-take and I'll serve stamp shaped cucumber sandwiches. I wonder if Colin Cook is still a collector. I bet Chip collects stamps. Second thought, a stamp club meeting probably isn't the best setting for our first romantic interlude.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the most absurd post I have seen in my life and suprisingly it has a "Cook" in it.

michelleyv said...

What's so absurd? I think you're just jealous of my stamp club. Don't even think of stealing my stamp collection from my bedroom closet. It's probably worth a small fortune by now. Green with envy. . .that's what you are.

Anonymous said...

Green with the desire to BARF!!! YOU'RE A DOWNRIGHT NERD...I'm sorry. I will run with you but I WILL NOT help start up that GEEK CLUB WITH YOU!!!! You can call COlin Cook.

I know that was harsh, but it needed to be said. If you start a stamp club you will not catch your well dressed CHIP!!! I'm doing this for your own good.

Anonymous said...

p.s. If the stamps are so valuable shouldn't you have them WITH you???

I hope this confrontation doesn't affect my birthday present.

michelleyv said...

Oh, now I know exactly what to get you for your birthday. . .a new beginners stamp collecting kit. Yippee! The perfect token of my esteem.

Eric said...

I had a stamp collection. It was pretty sweet. There was even a stamp collectors store in the Cottonwood Mall on Highland Drive. I liked to sort through big stamp packets. In retrospect, I believe that I was a loser back then. As I look at my life today, I have grown a love of cheese and all cheese-like products. Perhaps I should just give up now.

Anonymous said...

Well that stamp thing really puts you two into perspective.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

funny...we got our dad stamps for father's day too. did you know that the post office makes stamps out of your pictures? We sent a picture in that my dad took (he entered it in a contest and won) and we made him a book of stamps with it...i hope he uses them.

Anonymous said...

I just want to let it be known that I've had good feelings about you and Chip for the entire 2 years you've been crushing on him. This is DEFINITELY something you need to unabashedly pursue, even if it means inviting him into your stamp club or even, heaven forbid, attending ward prayer with a low-cut shirt on...

michelleyv said...

Anonymous--? I don't think so. In fact, I know exactly who you are and I'm proud to say that I have the perfect low-cut shirt to tempt my new little stamp collector. I knew this chest would come i handy someday.

Eric said...

That's how Laura won me over. It's like a trip to Hooters every day.

Anonymous said...

Now wait just a doggon minute. No low cut shirt for my little miss. I taught you better. Now Eric - maybe you have a license. . .

Now about what this blog is really about - STAMP COLLECTING - hummmmm I think I remember helping with that stamp collection - my my it was fun and interesting. Remember the Black American Stamps, the flag stamps, grandma saving stamps at her office, and even Collin. Grandma Evans gave you a big stamp collection too. Wow you have a bunch.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin